Quincy E. Conklin World War II aviation scrapbook, 1942-1945
- Conklin, Quincy E. (Quincy Ernest), 1899-1966
- Additional Titles:
- Title from case spine: Conklin family aviation scrapbook
- Physical Description:
- 1 scrapbook
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- The collection consists of a scrapbook compiled by Quincy E. Conklin of clippings, programs, telegrams, greeting cards, travel tickets, and ration, membership, and identity cards pertaining to his service in World War II and to aviation history from 1942 to 1945.
- In Historical Collections and Labor Archives, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 (#MG 93).
- Administrative History:
- Quincy E. Conklin began his aviation career with Thomson Morse Aircraft Corporation in 1915, followed by service in the Marine Corps. During his career as mechanic and inspector, he worked on autogyros, flying boats, and the P-47 Republic Thunderbolt. Conklin began working for Piper Aircraft as an Army Air Corps Chief Inspector in 1943.
View MARC record | catkey: 5717581