Families, infants, & young children at risk : pathways to best practice / by Gail L. Ensher, David A. Clark and Nancy S. Songer ; with invited contributors
- Ensher, Gail L.
- Additional Titles:
- Families, infants, and young children at risk
- Baltimore : Paul H. Brookes Pub., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 374 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Clark, David A. (David Albert)
Songer, Nancy S.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Families, infants, and young children: new challenges to best practice / Gail L. Ensher -- Pregnancy, labor, and delivery / David A. Clark -- Evaluation and care of the neonate / David A. Clark -- The family as foreground / Jill R. Weldum, Nancy S. Songer, and Gail L. Ensher -- Neonatal neurology / Marilyn A. Fisher -- Performance assessment : new connections and future perspectives / Gail L. Ensher -- Autism spectrum disorders in young children : new paradigms / Ellen B. Barnes, Janet O'Flynn, and Lori Saile -- Sensory processing disorders : a teacher's perspective / Toni S.P. Bell, Christy Cook Pica, and Janet O'Flynn -- Respiratory distress in newborns / Upender K. Munshi, Michelle L. Eastman, and David A. Clark -- Nutrition and feeding problems / Linda J. Levy and David A. Clark -- Physical development and impairment / Angel Rios and David A. Clark -- Infection and immunity / Michelle L. Eastman and David A. Clark -- The interface of physiology and medical environments / Gail L. Ensher and David A. Clark --
The management of pain in infants and young children / Susan Arana Furdon -- Cultural diversity : different ways of looking at the roles of families, young children, and disability / Margo A. Nish and Gail L. Ensher -- The cycle of substance abuse / Heidi Baldwin, Nancy S. Songer, and Gail L. Ensher -- The web of family abuse, neglect, and violence / Gail L. Ensher and David A. Clark -- Parents with developmental disabilities caring for infants and young children / Ava E. Kleinmann and Nancy S. Songer -- Teen parents : trends in adolescent pregnancy / Nancy S. Songer and Gretchen Kinnell -- The neonatal intensive care unit : an environment for best practice and parent-professional collaboration / Carol Reinson and Dona Bauman -- Home and school programs for infants and children with special needs / Deborah A. Bryden and Gail L. Ensher -- Putting it all together / Gail L. Ensher, David A. Clark, and Nancy S. Songer.
- Children with disabilities—Development
- Developmentally disabled children—Education
- Infants with disabilities
- Newborn infants—Diseases
- Infant, Newborn, Diseases—therapy
- Developmental Disabilities—rehabilitation
- Disabled Children—education
- Early Intervention (Education)
- Education, Special
- Family Health
- Sensation Disorders—therapy
- 9781557668066 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5719128