Racism without racists : color-blind racism and the persistence of racial inequality in the United States / Eduardo Bonilla-Silva
- Bonilla-Silva, Eduardo, 1962-
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 301 pages ; 24 cm
- The strange enigma of race in contemporary America -- The central frames of color-blind racism -- The style of color blindness : how to talk nasty about minorities without sounding racist -- "I didn't get that job because of a Black man" : color-blind racism's racial stories -- Peeking inside the (White) house of color blindness : the significance of Whites' segregation -- Are all Whites refined Archie Bunkers? : an examination of White racial progressives -- Are Blacks color blind, too? -- E pluribus unum or the same old perfume in a new bottle? : on the future of racial stratification in the United States -- Will racism disappear in Obamerica? : the sweet (but deadly) enchantment of color blindness in black face -- Conclusion : "The (color-blind) emperor has no clothes" : exposing the whiteness of color blindness.
- 9781442202177 (cloth : alk. paper), 1442202173 (cloth : alk. paper), 9781442202184 (pbk. : alk. paper), 1442202181 (pbk. : alk. paper), 9781442202191 (electronic), and 144220219X (electronic)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 277-288) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5719166