Constituting equality : gender equality and comparative constitutional law / edited by Susan H. Williams
- Cambridge [England] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 362 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Williams, Susan Hoffman, 1960-
- Gender quotas in politics : a constitutional challenge / Drude Dahlerup and Lenita Freidenvall -- Equality, representation, and challenge to hierarchy : justifying electoral quotas for women / Susan H. Williams -- More than rights / Helen Irving -- Perfectionism and fundamentalism in the application of the German abortion laws / Mary Anne Case -- Moral authority in English and American abortion law / Joanna N. Erdman -- Must feminists support entrenchment of sex equality? : lessons from Quebec / Beverley Baines -- Deconstructing the East/West binary : substantive equality and Islamic marriage in a comparative dialogue / Pascale Fournier -- Conflicting agendas? : women's rights and customary law in African constitutional reform / Aili Mari Tripp -- Gender equality and the rule of law in Liberia : statutory law, customary law, and the status of women / Felicia V. Coleman -- Constitutional incorporation of international and comparative human rights law : the Colombian constitutional court decision C-355 2006 / Verónica Undurraga and Rebecca J. Cook -- Guatemalan transnational feminists : how their search for constitutional equality interplays with international law / Christiana Ochoa -- Women in the constitutional drafting process in Burma / Thin Thin Aung and Susan H. Williams -- Founding mothers for a Palestinian constitution? / Adrien Katherine Wing and Hisham A. Kassim.
- 9780521898362 (hardback) and 0521898366 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5793882