- Advances in spatial science
- Simplicity in complex spatial systems : introduction / Aura Reggiani and Peter Nijkamp -- pt. A, Complexity, evolution, and simplicity in space. The "thermodynamics" of the city : evolution and complexity science in urban modelling / Alan Wilson ; Macro and micro dynamics of the city size distribution : the case of Israel / Lucien Benguigui, Efrat Blumenfeld-Lieberthal, and Michael Batty ; A morphogenetic perpective on spatial complexity : transport costs and urban shapes / Francesca Medda, Peter Nijkamp, and Piet Rietveld ; Algorithmic complexity and spatial simplicity / Rajendra G. Kulkarni, Roger R. Stough, and Kingsley E. Haynes ; Polyplexity : a complexity science for the social and policy sciences / Helen Couclelis -- pt. B, Evolutionary networks in a socio-economic context. Complexity, evolution and learning : empirical and experimental validation of heterogeneous expectations / Cars Hommes ; Homophily, Conformity, and noise in the (co- )evolution of complex social networks / George Ehrhardt, Matteo Marsili, and Fernando Vega-Redondo ; Complex evolution and learning : the role of constraints / Massimo Ricottilli ; Proximity, social capital and the Simon model of stochastic growth / Koen Frenken ; Evolutionary and preferential attachment models of demand growth / Terry L. Friesz, Changhyum Kwon and David Bernstein ; Modelling the economy as an evolving space of flows : methodological challenges / Kieran P. Donaghy -- Pt C, Empirical aspects of network complexity in the space-economy. Effects of a simple mode choice model in a large-scale agent-based transport simulation / Dominik Grether ... [et al.] ; Complex, adaptive systems, through time and acrosse space : Alberta power generation / Kevin Seel and Nigel Waters ; Measuring and visualizing urban network dynamics : a GIS and graph-theoretic approach / Laurie A. Schintler and Giacomo Galiazzo ; Spatial Autocorrelation in spatial interaction : complexity-to-simplicity in journey-to-work flows / Daniel A. Griffith ; Complex networks analysis of commuting : recent advances and a research agenda / Andrea De Montis ... [et al.] ; Spatial and commuting networks : a unifying perspective / Roberto Patuelli ... [et al.] -- pt. D, Epilogue. From complexity to simplicity : interdisciplinary synthesis and future perspectives / Aura Reggiani.
- "This book offers a panoramic view of recent advances in spatial complexity, in order to enhance our understanding of complex spatial networks by simplicity in terms of both the basic driving forces of systemic impacts and the modelling of such systems. Simple models mapping out the evolution of complex networks are undoubtedly a key issue in spatial economic research. In exploring this untrodden ground, this volume pursues new interdisciplinary pathways for theoretical, methodological and empirical analysis in the complex interconnected space-economy. It highlights evolutionary directions and unifying perspectives in this fascinating research field." --Book Jacket.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 5796403