Climate warming in western North America : evidence and environmental effects / edited by Frederic H. Wagner
- Salt Lake City : University of Utah Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 167 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Wagner, Frederic H.
- EVIDENCE AND PROJECTIONS OF CLIMATE WARMING: Climate change projected for the Twenty-First Century and Measured for the Twentieth in the Rocky Mountain/Great Basin Region / Frederic H. Wagner -- Surface warming inferred from borehole temperatures: results from Utah and comparisons with the Northern Hemisphere / David S. Chapman, Robert N. Harris, and Marshall Bartlett -- Ice-core and flood-flow evidence of rapid climate change, Fitzpatrick Wilderness, Wind River Range, Wyoming / David L. Nafiz et al. -- ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS: TWENTIETH-CENTURY OBSERVATIONS AND TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY PROJECTIONS: Variability and trends in mountain snowpacks in Western North America / Philip W. Mote -- Variability and trends in spring runoff in the Western United States / Jessica D. Lundquist et al. -- Climate variability, climate change, and wine production in the Western United States / Michael A. White, Gregory V. Jones, and Noah S. Diffenbaugh -- Credibility and confidence: assessing climate-change impacts on biological systems in North America / John H. Matthews and Camille Parmesan -- Ecological consequences of forest insect disturbance altered by climate change / Jesse A. Logan and James A. Powell -- A synthesis of recent climate warming effects on terrestrial ecosystems of Alaska / Valerie A. Barber et al.
- 9780874809060 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0874809061 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5797380