The taking of Pelham 1 2 3 [videorecording] / Columbia Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures present in association with Relativity Media, a Scott Free/Escape Artists production ; produced by Todd Black [and others] ; screenplay by Brian Helgeland ; directed by Tony Scott
- Additional Titles:
- Taking of Pelham one-two-three
Taking of Pelham 123
- Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 106 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Black, Todd
Scott, Tony, 1944-2012
Washington, Denzel, 1954-
Travolta, John, 1954-
Turturro, John, 1957-
Guzmán, Luis, 1957-
Godey, John, 1912-2006
Columbia Pictures Corporation
Scott Free Productions
Escape Artists (Firm)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English or dubbed French dialogue, English or French subtitles; closed-captioned; audio description for the visually impaired.
- New York Metropolitan Transit Authority train dispatcher Walter Garber's day is turned upside down when he must face-off against Ryder, the criminal mind that has hijacked the passengers of subway train, Pelham 1-2-3. Ryder is the leader of a highly-armed gang of four, including a henchman who used to work for the MTA. NYPD Hostage Negotiator Detective Camonetti initially takes charge of the situation, but quickly realizes that Ryder will only deal with Garber. Garber begins to employ his vast knowledge of the subway system in a battle to outwit Ryder and save the hostages.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: R; violence and pervasive language.
- Based on the novel by John Godey.
Special features: Commentary by director Tony Scott ; commentary with writer Brian Helgeland and producer Todd Black ; No time to lose: making of Pelham 123 featurette ; The third rail: New York underground featurette ; From the top down: stylizing character with Danny Moumdjian ; marketing Pelham.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Music, Harry Gregson-Williams ; editor, Chris Lebenzon ; director of photography, Tobias Schliessler.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Denzel Washington, John Travolta, John Turturro, Luis Guzman, Michael Rispoli, James Gandolfini.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, anamorphic widescreen (2.40:1); Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround.
View MARC record | catkey: 5804327