Medications : the ultimate teen guide / Cheryl Gerson Tuttle
- Tuttle, Cheryl Gerson
- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 227 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- It happened to me ; no. 11
- Hows and whys of taking medication -- A to Z guide to illnesses and disabilities and the medications used for them: Acne -- Attention deficit Hyperactivity disorder (ADHA) -- Allergies -- Anxiety disorders -- Asthma -- Depression -- Diabetes -- Eating disorders -- Eczema -- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) -- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA) -- Kidney disease -- Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus-SLE) Migraines -- Seizure disorders -- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) -- Tourette syndrome (TS) -- Glossary: Terms related to medications and conditions included in this book -- List of medications by generic name -- Medication diary -- Bibliography -- Index -- About the author.
- An information guide to the most common medical conditions that adolescents face today and the medications commonly prescribed to treat those conditions. Seeks to enable young people to be more involved in the medication decisions related to their care, making them aware of the choices open to them as well as the associated benefits and risks that accompany the use of the drugs. Provides basic informative descriptions for anyone interested in knowing more about over-the-counter and prescription medications. Presents information on prescription and over-the-counter drugs used by teenagers for illnesses and disabilities they may suffer from, and includes side effects and negative interactions.
- 0810849054 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780810849051 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 201-215) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5806286