Honus Wagner : on his life & baseball / William R. Cobb, Editor
- Wagner, Honus, 1874-1955
- Ann Arbor, MI : Sports Media Group, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 187 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cobb, William R.
- I've never quit the game -- Why I asked for a smaller salary -- I ask $40 a month and change my mind -- Al Wagner vs. Al Wagner -- Sizing up the players -- Paterson, with some future stars -- The baseball that blew up -- Batting .375 without the lively ball -- The art of batting -- The bug enters baseball--at 2 A.M. -- Lajoie thrown in for good measure -- Advice to young ball players -- How the umpire looks to a player -- An all-American selection of umpires -- The pitcher I found it hardest to hit -- The test of a star team -- The plays that take baseball genius -- Some tips for amateur teams -- Do you know a bonehead when you see one? -- Why baseball has developed in thirty years -- There was teamwork in those days -- The shortstop's job and how to fill it -- Some more tips on defense -- Doping out the bad balls -- Picking the greatest players of all time -- My grand all-American team -- My five greatest pitchers -- The big stars of the infield -- The catchers who head the list -- The best team I ever saw -- The all-star national league team for thirty years -- Famous fans in baseball history -- An all-American league team -- The most spectacular catch ever seen -- All's fair in love and baseball -- Chuckles and chores in spring training -- What to look for in a game -- What do you know of the hit-and-run? -- Do you know what's worth rooting for? -- How the game can be strengthened.
- 9781587263088 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1587263084 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Ronald A. Smith Sports History Book Collection.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 5814971