Witnessing whiteness : the need to talk about race and how to do it / Shelly Tochluk
- Tochluk, Shelly, 1971-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 277 pages ; 24 cm
- Ch. 1. Naming the problem -- Ch. 2. Facing the dis-ease -- Ch. 3. Uncovering a hidden history -- Ch. 4. Fellow travelers : engaging the journey -- Ch. 5. Clearing the way : whiteness in sight -- Ch. 6. Blindness at the crossroads : leaps of faith -- Ch. 7. Interior shadows : lingering racism -- Ch. 8. How do we witness? -- Ch. 9. How can we create a witnessing culture?
- White people—United States—Attitudes
- White people—Race identity—United States
- Race awareness—United States
- Anti-racism—United States
- Racism—United States
- Interpersonal relations—United States
- Responsibility—United States
- Educators—United States—Attitudes
- Community education—United States
- United States—Race relations
- 9781607092568 (cloth : alk. paper)
1607092565 (cloth : alk. paper)
9781607092575 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1607092573 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Harrisburg copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2009.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Harrisburg)
View MARC record | catkey: 5816032