L'histoire du soldat [videorecording] / Igor Stravinsky ; Creative Arts Television
- Additional Titles:
- Title on disc: Stravinsky's "L'histoire du soldat"
- [Place of publication not identified] : Creative Arts Television, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (27 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Adrian, Max, 1902-1973
Malet, Arthur, 1927-2013
Stravinsky, Igor, 1882-1971
Camera Three Septet
Creative Arts Television (Firm)
- "Portions of the renowned experimental dance-theater-pantomime work "L'histoire du soldat" by Igor Stravinsky, from 1918, a surreal response to the chaos and misery of World War One. Forty years later, this program was a television premiere of the work ... the work blends narration, dance, music and characters in changing disguises to tell the story of a common soldier who loses his soul to the devil"--Container.
- Original television production presented by Camera Three 1957.
This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Choreographer, Anna Sokolow.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Max Adrian ; Annabelle Gold ; Arthur Malet ; James Mitchell ; The Camera Three Septet (Loren Glickman, Michel Gusikoff, Reuben Jamitz, Murray Karpilovsky, Richard Koff, Walter Lewis, Charles Small) ; Emanuel Vardi, conductor.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 5816244