Emancipation in the West Indies : a six months' tour in Antigua, Barbadoes, and Jamaica, in the year 1837 / by Jas. A. Thome, and J. Horace Kimball
- Thome, James A. (James Armstrong), 1813-1873
- Additional Titles:
- Six months' tour in Antigua, Barbadoes, and Jamaica, in the year 1837
- New York : Published by the American Anti-Slavery Society, no. 143 Nassau-Street, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- -4 pages, [v]-vi, -128 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Kimball, J. Horace (Joseph Horace), 1813-1838
Benedict, Seth Williston, 1803-1869
Rankin, John, 1793-1886
Knapp, Isaac, 1804-1843
American Anti-Slavery Society
- The Anti-slavery examiner ; No. 7
- Charles L. Blockson Collection of African Americana and the African Diaspora.
- Cover title and imprint, on printed paper label: Emancipation in the West-Indies. A six months' tour in Antigua, Barbadoes, and Jamaica, in the year 1837. Sold by Isaac Knapp, 25 Cornhill, Boston.
Copyright 1838 by John Rankin, treasurer of the American Anti-Slavery Society.
Series statement at head of title.
"This periodical contains 4 sheets.--Postage under 100 miles, 6 cents; over 100 miles, 10 cents"--Foot of title page.
"Price $12 50 per hundred copies, 18 3/4 cents single copy, in sheets; $13 25 per hundred, and 20 cents single, if stitched. Note--This work is published in this cheap form, to give it a wide circulation. Please, after perusal, to send it to some friend. This work, as originally published, can be had at the Depository of the American Anti-Slavery Society, no. 143, Nassau Street, New York, on fine paper, handsomely bound, in a volume of 489 pages, price one dollar per copy, $75 per hundred"--Verso of title page.
"Printed by S.W. Benedict"--verso of title page.
Printed in two columns.
Blockson Collection Vault copy disbound in pam folder (23 cm.). This copy without the folded map apparently issued with some copies.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Checklist of American imprints 53294
View MARC record | catkey: 5817557