The age factor and early language learning / edited by Marianne Nikolov
- Berlin ; New York : Mouton de Gruyter, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 424 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Nikolov, Marianne
- Studies on language acquisition ; 40
- The age factor in context / Marianne Nikolov -- Early foreign language learning: published research, good practice and main principles / Peter Edelenbos and Angelika Kubanek -- Assessment of early learning of foreign languages in the USA / Helena Curtain -- Assessing young language learners: what is the construct? / Ofra Inbar-Lourie and Elana Shohamy -- Language proficiency and age-appropriate methodology at the English kindergarten of Kuopio / Joanne Jalkanen -- "I can you help?" assessing speaking skills and interaction strategies of young learners / Andrea Haenni Hoti, Sybille Heinzmann, and Marianne Mèuller -- Input and long-term effects of early learning in a formal setting / Carmen Muñoz -- English / l/ and /r/ acquisition by Japanese children and adults / Chise Kasai -- Individual differences in early language programmes / Jelena Mihaljeviâc ́Djigunoviâc -- Early foreign language instruction in Greece: socioeconomic factors and their effect on young learners' language development / Marina Mattheoudakis and Thomaèi Alexiou -- The role of aptitude in young learners' foreign language learning / Csilla Kiss -- Primary English in China: policy, curriculum and implementation / Qiang Wang -- The teacher factor in early foreign language learning programmes: the case of Vietnam / Jayne Moon -- Chinese primary school students' use of communication strategies in EFL classrooms / Jing Peng and Lili Zhang -- Expanding the comparative context for early language learning: from foreign to heritage and minority language programmes / John Harris -- The status of the target language: contemporary criteria influencing language choices for early learners in England / Janet Enever -- English for young learners (EYL) in grades 1 and 2 in Israel: a critical discourse analysis / Rivi Carmel.
- 9783110218275 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 3110218275 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5887617