Gallinazo : an early cultural tradition on the Peruvian north coast / edited by Jean-François Millaire with Magali Morlion
- Los Angeles : Cotsen Institute of Archaeology Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 253 pages : illustrations, maps ; 29 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Millaire, Jean-François and Morlion, Magali
- Gallinazo and the tradición norcosteña / Jean-François Millaire -- The Gallinazo illusion / Christopher B. Donnan -- Virú-Moche relations : technological identity, stylistic preferences, and the ethnic identity of ceramic manufacturers and users / Krzysztof Makowski -- Middle Moche and Gallinazo ceramic styles at San José de Moro / Martín del Carpio Perla -- Urbanism and social change during the Gallinazo and Moche periods in the Chicama Valley / Christopher J. Attarian -- Gallinazo-style ceramics in early Moche contexts at the El Brujo complex, Chicama Valley / Régulo G. Franco Jordán and César A. Gálvez Mora -- The Gallinazo at Huacas de Moche : style or culture? / Santiago Uceda Castillo, Henry Gayoso Rullier, and Nadia Gamarra Carranza -- Biological origins and relations among Cerro Oreja and other prehistoric northern Andean mortuary populations using epigenetic dental traits / Richard C. Sutter -- Woven identities in the Virú Valley / Jean-François Millaire -- Gallinazo and Moche at the Santa Rita B archaeological complex, Middle Chao Valley / Jonathan D. Kent ... [et al.] -- Gallinazo cultural identity in the lower Santa Valley : ceramics, architecture, burial patterns, and sociopolitical organization / Claude Chapdelaine, Víctor Pimentel, and Jorge Gamboa -- Gallinazo disposal of the dead and manipulation of human remains at El Castillo de Santa / Gérard Gagné -- Appendix A: Burials at El Castillo -- Gallinazo, Vicús, and Moche in the development of complex societies along the north coast of Peru / Luis Jaime Castillo Butters -- Concluding remarks / Peter Kaulicke.
- Indians of South America—Peru—Pacific Coast—Antiquities—Congresses
- Indian pottery—Peru—Pacific Coast—Congresses
- Pottery, Prehistoric—Peru—Pacific Coast—Congresses
- Mochica pottery—Congresses
- Excavations (Archaeology)—Peru—Pacific Coast—Congresses
- Indians of South America—Peru—Pacific Coast—Ethnic identity—Congresses
- Social archaeology—Peru—Pacific Coast—Congresses
- Ethnoarchaeology—Peru—Pacific Coast—Congresses
- Pacific Coast (Peru)—Antiquities—Congresses
- 9781931745741 (trade cloth : alk. paper)
1931745749 (trade cloth : alk. paper)
9781931745758 (trade paper : alk. paper)
1931745757 (trade paper : alk. paper)
- Papers from a roundtable held in Trujillo, Peru in August 2005.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5890524