Manhood in Hollywood from Bush to Bush / David Greven
- Greven, David
- University of Texas Press : Austin, 2009.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 297 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- When Hollywood masculinity became self-aware -- Manhood in Hollywood from Bush to Bush -- An ill-fated bacchanal: Casualties of war and the horror of the homosocial -- Male medusas and female heroes: fetishism and ambivalence in The silence of the lambs -- The Hollywood man date: split masculinity and the double-protagonist film -- Destroying something beautiful: narcissism, male violence, and the homosocial in Fight club -- "Am I blue?" Vin Diesel and multiracial male sexuality -- The devil wears abjection: The passion of the Christ -- Narcissus transfigured: Brokeback Mountain -- The reign of masochism.
- 9780292719873 (cloth : alk. paper)
0292719876 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780292719880 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0292719884 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5890557