Student development in college : theory, research, and practice / Nancy J. Evans [and others].
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 448 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Evans, Nancy J., 1947-
- Pt. 1. Understanding and Using Student Development Theory -- 1. Definitions and Historical Roots of Student Development -- 2. Using Student Development Theory -- Pt. 2. Foundational Theories -- 3. Psychosocial Identity Development -- 4. Chickering's Theory of Identity Development -- 5. Perry's Theory of Intellectual and Ethical Development -- 6. Moral Development Theory -- 7. Later Cognitive Structural Theories -- 8. Kolb's Theory of Experiential Learning -- Pt. 3. Integrative Theories -- 9. Ecological Approaches to College Student Development -- 10. Development of Self-Authorship -- 11. Development of Faith and Spirituality -- 12. Schlossberg's Transition Theory -- Pt. 4. Social Identity Development -- 13. Social Identity: Concepts and Overview -- 14. Racial Identity Development -- 15. Ethnic Identity Development and Acculturation -- 16. Multiracial Identity Development -- 17. Sexual Identity Development -- 18. Gender and Gender Identity Development -- Pt. 5. Concluding Reflections -- 19. Using Theories in Combination -- 20. Final Thoughts and Future Directions.
- "The second edition of Student Development in College offers higher education professionals a clear understanding of the developmental challenges facing today's college students. Thoroughly revised and updated, this edition includes new integrative theories of student development, expanded coverage of social identity theories, a targeted focus on higher education-related research, a current review of student development research and application, and reconceptualization of typology theories as a way to understand individual differences."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9780787978099 (cloth)
- Previous ed. entered under: Evans, Nancy J.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 373-431) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5890707