Corporate social responsibility and regulatory governance : towards inclusive development? / edited by Peter Utting, José Carlos Marques
- Basingstoke [England] ; New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 309 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Utting, Peter, Marques, José Carlos, 1972-, and United Nations Research Institute for Social Development
- Introduction. The Intellectual Crisis of CSR / Peter Utting and Jose Carlos Marques -- 1. CSR and Changing Modes of Governance: Towards Corporate Noblesse Oblige? / Colin Crouch -- 2. Wal-Martization and CSR-ization in Developing Countries / Ngai-Ling Sum -- 3. Corporate Social Responsibility in a Neoliberal Age / Paddy Ireland and Renginee G. Pillay -- 4. Linking Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Policy in Zambia / Ndangwa Noyoo -- 5. Business, Corporate Responsibility and Poverty Reduction / Michael Blowfield -- 6. Transnational Corporations and Poverty Reduction: Strategic and Regional Variations / Rob van Tulder -- 7. Cross-Sector Partnership as an Approach to Inclusive Development / Ruth Findlay-Brooks, Wayne Visser and Thurstan Wright -- 8. Growing Sustainable Business in Eastern Africa: The Potential and Limits of Partnerships for Development / Catia Gregoratti -- 9. Private Food Go ernance: Implications for Social Sustainability and Democratic Legitimacy / Doris Fuchs and Agni Kalfagianni -- 10. Spaces of Contestation: The Governance of Industry's Environmental Performance in Durban, South Africa / James Van Alstine -- 11. Challenging Governance in Global Commodity Chains: The Case of Transnational Activist Campaigns for Better Work Conditions / Florence Palpacuer.
- "This is the first volume of two books on the changing nature of state-business relations. This volume explores CSR in a historical trajectory and development context; is theoretically informed and contributes to the body of critical thinking that calls for more comprehensive regulatory frameworks"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780230576445 (hardback)
- "United Nations Research Institute for Social Development."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5892372