Surviving against the odds : village industry in Indonesia / S. Ann Dunham ; edited and with a preface by Alice G. Dewey and Nancy I. Cooper ; with a foreword by Maya Soetoro-Ng and an afterword by Robert W. Hefner
- Dunham, S. Ann (Stanley Ann)
- Durham [NC] : Duke University Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiii, 374 pages, 29 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color), maps ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Dewey, Alice G. and Cooper, Nancy I.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction -- The socioeconomic organization of metalworking industries -- Kajar, a blacksmithing village in Yogyakarta -- Relevant macrodata -- Government interventions -- Conclusions and development implications.
- 9780822346876 (cloth : alk. paper) and 0822346877 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Dissertation Note:
- Revised version of the author's thesis (doctoral), University of Hawaii 1992.
- "A John Hope Franklin Center book"--P. [i].
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5892381