The happiness project : or why I spent a year trying to sing in the morning, clean my closets, fight right, read Aristotle, and generally have more fun / Gretchen Rubin
- Rubin, Gretchen
- New York, NY : Harper, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 301 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- January, Vitality: boost energy -- February, Marriage: remember love -- March, Work: aim higher -- April, Parenthood: lighten up -- May, Leisure: be serious about play -- June, Friendship: make time for friends -- July, Money: buy some happiness -- August, Eternity: contemplate the heavens -- September, Books: pursue a passion -- October, Mindfulness: pay attention -- November, Attitude: keep a contented heart -- December, Happiness: boot camp perfect -- Your happiness project -- Further reading.
- On the outside, Gretchen Rubin had it all--a good marriage, healthy children and a successful career--but something was missing. Determined to end that nagging feeling, she set out on a year-long quest to learn how to better enjoy the life she already had. Each month, Gretchen pursued a different set of resolutions--go to sleep earlier, tackle a nagging task, bring people together, take time to be silly. She read everything from classical philosophy to cutting-edge scientific studies, from Winston Churchill to Oprah, developing her own definition of happiness and a plan for how to achieve it. She kept track of which resolutions worked and which didn't, sharing her stories and collecting those of others. Bit by bit, she began to appreciate and amplify the happiness in her life. With a wicked sense of humour and sharp insight, Gretchen's story will inspire readers to embrace the pleasure in their lives.--From publisher description.
A thoughtful and prescriptive work on happiness filled with practical advice, sharp insight, charm, and humor.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Altoona copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2009.
Harrisburg copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2009.
View MARC record | catkey: 5893692