The bitterweed path / Thomas Hal Phillips ; with a new introduction by John Howard
- Phillips, Thomas Hal, 1922-
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 314 pages ; 21 cm
- Originally published in 1950, The Bitterweed Path tells the story of friendship and love between two boys growing up in the cotton country of Mississippi a generation after the Civil War. A fine example of the southern literary tradition, the novel is also part of a very small body of gay literature of the period. As such, it challenges many assumptions about gay representation in the first half of the twentieth century.
- 0807845957 (alk. paper)
9780807845950 (alk. paper)
- "A Chapel Hill book"--P. facing T.p.
Description based on surrogate.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (xix-xxi).
View MARC record | catkey: 5894008