倪海峰 : 亚生产 / [倪海峰 ; 姚嘉善]
- Language Note:
- Text in English and Chinese.
- On para-production -- Para-production exhibition -- Conversation between Ni Haifeng and Pauline J. Yao -- Para-production in progress -- Artist biography.
- "The art of Ni Haifeng stems from an interest in cultural systems of return, exchange, language and production. Born and raised in China but based in Amsterdam, 'Para-Production' represents Ni's first large scale solo exhibition inside China. Utilizing shreds of discarded fabric gathered from garment factories - byproducts of the "Made in China" phenomenon and direct witness to the process of commercial production - Ni creates a multi-layered installation that proposes a conceptual reversal of capitalist production and its commanding logic of 'producing the useful'. An essay by exhibition curator Pauline J. Yao and an interview with artist Ni Haifeng accompany rich documentation of the work and its making - a 'production of the social' that enlisted the active participation of workers and individuals from all walks of life."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9789881803351 and 9881803357
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes artist biography.
View MARC record | catkey: 5894913