The development and psychometric properties of the sources of lesbian relationship self-efficacy scale [electronic resource] / by Shanti M. Pepper
- Pepper, Shanti M.
- Additional Titles:
- Sources of lesbian relationship self-efficacy scale
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Additional Creators:
- Bieschke, Kathleen J.
- This dissertation consisted of four studies that aimed to develop and explore the psychometric properties of the Sources of Lesbian Relationship Self-Efficacy Scale (SLRSE). Study 1 describes the initial item development of the SLRSE which consisted of focus group research, professional consultation, and a review of literature. The purpose of Study 2 was item reduction as well as establishing the content validity. In Study 3, further item reduction was conducted and the SLRSE’s factor structure and reliability was assessed. The purpose of Study 4 was to conduct a confirmatory factor analysis and assess the validity of the SLRSE. Content, criterion, divergent, and known-groups validity were also explored in Study 4. For each study, the participant recruitment, inclusion criteria, procedures for collecting data, instruments, analysis of data, and a discussion of the results is presented. The results of these four studies indicated that the SLRSE evidenced a four-factor structure parallel to three of the four sources of self-efficacy. Moreover, the SLRSE evidenced sufficient reliability and validity. Nevertheless, further exploration of this scale’s psychometric properties with a more heterogeneous sample is warranted. The limitations of this study, as well as the theoretical, research, and clinical implications are discussed.
- Dissertation Note:
- Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University 2009.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. and Thesis advisor: Kathleen J. Bieschke.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm (positive). 1 reel ; 35 mm. (University Microfilms 34-80741)
- Technical Details:
- The full text of the dissertation is available as a Adobe Acrobat .pdf file (276 p.) ; Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view the file.
View MARC record | catkey: 5964677