The acquisition cost-estimating workforce : census and characteristics / Georges Vernez, Hugh G. Massey
- Vernez, Georges
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 43 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Massey, H. G. and Project Air Force (U.S.)
- Congress has dictated that cost estimates for major defense acquisition programs be performed by properly qualified members of the armed forces or full-time employees of the Department of Defense. To aid in fulfilling this requirement, RAND Project AIR FORCE was asked to identify the acquisition cost-estimating workforce, describe its background and competencies, and assess its operational needs. The researchers conducted a comprehensive census of the military, government civilian, and contractor cost-estimating staff in the Air Force's four product centers and three logistics centers and held focus groups with a sample of cost estimators. Focus group respondents reported that they needed additional cost estimators, especially at the mid level. They were also concerned about the lack of career advancement opportunities for cost estimators.
- Report Numbers:
- 9780833047649 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0833047647 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 43).
- Other Forms:
- Also available via the Internet.
View MARC record | catkey: 5964946