Lost highway [videorecording] / October Films ; CiBy 2000 ; Asymmetrical Productions ; Lost Highway Productions LLC ; produced by Deepak Nayar, Tom Sternberg, Mary Sweeney ; written by David Lynch & Barry Gifford ; directed by David Lynch
- Universal City, Calif. : Universal Studios Home Entertainment, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (135 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Nayar, Deepak, Sternberg, Tom, Sweeney, Mary, Lynch, David, 1946-, Gifford, Barry, 1946-, Pullman, Bill, Arquette, Patricia, 1968-, Getty, Balthazar, Blake, Robert, 1933-, Wagner, Natasha Gregson, 1970-, Pryor, Richard, 1940-2005, Butler, Lucy, Massee, Michael, Nance, Jack, Kehler, Jack, Rollins, Henry, 1961-, Ribisi, Giovanni, 1974-, Coffey, Scott, Busey, Gary, Badalamenti, Angelo, Deming, Peter, October Films, CIBY 2000 (Firm), Asymmetrical Productions (Firm), Lost Highway Productions (Firm), and Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Focus features spotlight series
- Language Note:
- English dialogue, French or Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Fred Madison is a saxophonist who finds a video tape on his doorstep that shows the interior of his house, he becomes convinced that someone has broken in and calls the police. Fred finds another videotape showing him killing his wife. The police arrest and accuse him, under mysterious circumstances, of murdering his wife. In prison, he inexplicably morphs into a young man named Pete Dayton and begins living a completely different life. When Pete is released, his and Fred's paths begin to cross in a surreal, suspenseful web of intrigue, orchestrated by a shady gangster boss named Dick Laurent.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: R; for bizarre violent and sexual content, and for strong language.
- Title from container.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1997.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Peter Deming ; editor, Mary Sweeney ; music, Angelo Badalamenti ; costume designer, Patricia Norris ; costume designer, Patricia Norris.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Bill Pullman, Patricia Arquette, Balthazar Getty, Robert Blake, Natasha Gregson Wagner, Richard Pryor, Lucy Butler, Michael Massee, Jack Nance, Jack Kehler, Henry Rollins, Giovanni Ribisi, Scott Coffey, Gary Busey.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, anamorphic widescreen (2.35:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, DVD-9, single-sided.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 5965224