Reinforced concrete design of tall buildings / Bungale S. Taranath
- Taranath, Bungale S.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press : ICC/International Code Council : CRSI/Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- lxv, 923 pages, 32 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm
- ICC Foreword -- Ch. 1. Design Concept -- Ch. 2. Gravity Systems -- Ch. 3. Lateral Load-Resisting Systems -- Ch. 4. Wind Loads -- Ch. 5. Seismic Design -- Ch. 6. Seismic Design Examples and Details -- Ch. 7. Seismic Rehabilitation of Existing Buildings -- Ch. 8. Tall Buildings -- Ch. 9. Special Topics.
- "An exploration of the world of concrete as it applies to the construction of buildings, Reinforced Concrete Design of Tall Buildings provides a practical perspective on all aspects of reinforced concrete used in the design of structures, with particular focus on tall and ultra-tall buildings. Written by Dr. Bungale S. Taranath, this work explains the fundamental principles and state-of-the-art technologies required to build vertical structures as sound as they are eloquent. Dozens of cases studies of tall buildings throughout the world, many designed by Dr. Taranath, provide in-depth insight on why and how specific structural system choices are made." "The book bridges the gap between two approaches: one based on intuitive skills and experience and the other based on computer skills and analytical techniques." "Dr. Taranath shows how to create sound, cost-efficient high rise structures. His lucid and thorough explanations provide the tools required to derive systems that gracefully resist the battering forces of nature while addressing the specific needs of building owners, developers, and architects. The book is packed with broad-ranging material from fundamental principles to the state-of-the-art technologies and includes techniques thoroughly developed to be highly adaptable. Offering complete guidance, instructive examples, and color illustrations, the author develops several approaches for designing tall buildings. He demonstrates the benefits of blending imaginative problem solving and rational analysis for creating better structural systems."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9781439804803 (alk. paper)
143980480X (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 903-906) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5965635