Novel food processing : effects on rheological and functional properties / edited by Jasim Ahmed [and others].
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 491 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Ahmed, Jasim
- Electro-technologies for food processing series
- Ch. 1. Introduction and Plan of the Book / J. Ahmed, H. S. Ramaswamy, S. Kasapis and J. I. Boye -- Ch. 2. Effect of Radio-Frequency Heating on Food / V. Orsat -- Ch. 3. Ohmic Heating Effects on Rheological and Functional Properties of Foods / M. Marcotte, H. S. Ramaswamy, Y. Karimi-Zindashty and M. R. Zareifard -- Ch. 4. Effect of High Electric Field on Food Processing / A. Muthukumaran, V. Orsat, T. R. Bajgai and G. S. V. Raghavan -- Ch. 5. Pulsed Electric Fields: A Review on Design / S. Alkhafaji and M. Farid -- Ch. 6. Ultrasound Effect on Food Processing / J. Salazar, J. A. Chavez, A. Turo and M. J. Garcia-Hernandez -- Ch. 7. Ultrasound Processing: Rheological and Functional Properties of Food / K. Muthukumarappan, B. K. Tiwari, C. P. O'Donnell and P. J. Cullen -- Ch. 8. Effect of Irradiation on Food Texture and Rheology / P. Bhattacharjee and R. S. Singhal -- Ch. 9. Ozone and CO[subscript 2] Processing: Rheological and Functional Properties of Food / K. Muthukumarappan, B. K. Tiwari, C. P. O'Donnell and P. J. Cullen -- Ch. 10. Gelation and Thickening with Globular Proteins at Low Temperatures / R. Mercade-Prieto and S. Gunasekaran -- Ch. 11. Fundamental Considerations in the Comparison between Thermal and Nonthermal Characterization of Biological Glasses / S. Kasapis -- Ch. 12. Effect of High-Pressure and Ultrasonic Processing of Foods on Rheological Properties / J. Tattiyakul and M. A. Rao -- Ch. 13. Effect of High Pressure on Structural and Rheological Properties of Cereals and Legume Proteins / J. Ahmed -- Ch. 14. High-Pressure Treatment Effects on Food Proteins of Animal Origin / P. A. Alvarez, H. S. Ramaswamy and A. A. Ismail -- Ch. 15. Functional Properties and Microstructure of High-Pressure-Processed Starches and Starch-Water Suspensions / Y. Liu, W. Zhou and D. Young -- Ch. 16. Effect of High Pressure on Textural and Microstructural Properties of Fruits and Vegetables / N. K. Rastogi -- Ch. 17. Pressure-Shift Freezing Effects on Texture and Microstructure of Foods / S. Zhu and H. S. Ramaswamy -- Ch. 18. Issues and Methods in Consumer-Led Development of Foods Processed by Innovative Technologies / A. V. Cardello and A. O. Wright -- Ch. 19. Novel Techniques for the Processing of Soybeans / J. I. Boye and S. H. Rajamohamed -- Ch. 20. Supercritical Fluid Extrusion: A Novel Method for Producing Microcellular Structures in Starch-Based Matrices / S. Alavi and S. S. H. Rizvi -- Ch. 21. Rheological Properties of Liquid Foods Processed in a Continuous-Flow High-Pressure Throttling System / R. K. Singh and L. Sivanandan -- Ch. 22. Food Frying: Modifying the Functional Properties of Batters / M. Ngadi and J. Xue -- Ch. 23. Allergenicity of Food and Impact of Processing / A. Lopata.
- 9781420071191 (alk. paper)
142007119X (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5965673