Music in the horror film : listening to fear / edited by Neil Lerner
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 240 pages : illustrations, music ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Lerner, Neil William, 1966-
- Routledge music and screen media series
- Carnival of souls and the organs of horror / Julie Brown -- Mischief afoot : supernatural horror-comedies and the Diabolus in musica / Janet K. Halfyard -- The monster and the music box : children and the soundtrack of horror / Stan Link -- The strange case of Rouben Mamoulian's sound stew : the uncanny soundtrack in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931) / Neil Lerner -- Voices that lie within : the heard and unheard in Psycho / Ross J. Fenimore -- Pop goes the horror score : left alone in The last house on the left / Joe Tompkins -- Ramblin' men and piano men : crises of music and masculinity in The exorcist / Claire Sisco King -- Rehearing The shining : musical undercurrents in the Overlook Hotel / David J. Code -- Hearing deep seated fears : John Carpenter's The fog (1980) / K.J. Donnelly -- Music and the adult ideal in A nightmare on Elm Street / James Buhler -- The beauty of horror : Kilar, Coppola, and Dracula / James Deaville -- Quieting the ghosts in The sixth sense and The others / Lloyd Whitesell.
- 9780415992022 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Wilkes Barre copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2009.
View MARC record | catkey: 5966467