Plastic forming processes / Maurice Reyne
- Reyne, Maurice
- Uniform Title:
- Transformations, assemblages et traitements des plastiques. English
- London : ISTE ; Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- x, 272 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Language Note:
- Translated from the French.
- Ch. 1. Introduction -- Ch. 2. Polymers -- Ch. 3. Converting Processes -- Ch. 4. Assembly and Fixations -- Ch. 5. Finishing Treatments -- Ch. 6. Ecology and Recycling -- Ch. 7. Mold Making -- Ch. 8. Economic Data -- Ch. 9. Trends -- Appendix. Symbols Used.
- "Many books covering plastic materials analyze the behavior of these materials based on their chemical components or their mechanical properties from mathematical concepts. These approaches, which are fundamental for research, do not concern "transformers" or users who need practical advice. Nevertheless, there are approximately 20 basic implementation techniques and each of them is distinguished by specific case studies which gradually become more functional." "The aim of this book is therefore to analyze, in a quasi-exhaustive manner, the different processes which are currently in use or are being created in either design, coupling or treatments that are specifically used. It is thus written to assist readers in their decision-making." "In order to explain these different points in a practical, even pragmatic, way, the reader will find approximately 400 figures or photos that describe the points."--BOOK JACKET.
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5968552