Youth prolonged : old age postponed / Robert Weale
- Weale, R. A. (Robert Alexander)
- Additional Titles:
- Old age postponed
- London : Imperial College Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 134 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- What's the problem? -- Language as a barrier: "I can't hear you" -- Dress and appearance: disguising the years; failure? -- Digging up the past; or, Where do we come from?: Were our ancestors healthier than we are? -- Ageing factors: More about appearance: tell-tale signs - Sun, smiles and smoking -- Guessing by experts -- More about the skin, posture and bones -- Biomarkers; or, The countdown to the end - men and women, life-expectancy -- The eyes have it -- Thought for food -- Why do we age? Is it a matter of biological economics -- Elements -- Some age-related diseases: risk factors - Alzheimer's disease, bones, cancers, heart, Parkinson's, stroke -- The end of ageing -- What can we do about all this? -- Old age -- Biomarkers -- The menopause -- Age in the distant past -- How does human ageing fit into the animal scheme? -- From end to start.
- 9781848165076 (pbk.) and 1848165072 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 128-130) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5969342