Innovation and change in Japanese management / edited by Parissa Haghirian
- Basingstoke, UK ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 247 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Haghirian, Parissa, 1970-
- Introduction : Japanese management in the 21st century / Makoto Abe -- Restructuring of Japanese enterprises : programs for a special institutional environment / Carsten Herbes -- Rigidity and change in the Japanese venture economy / Sebastian Schafer and Cornelia Storz -- The attitude toward risk in Japanese management / Werner Pascha -- Lifelong employment, labor law and the lost decade : the end of a job for life in Japan? / Leon Wolff -- Vocational education and training in Japan : recent trends / Silke Bromann -- Going global? : strategizing ideology and practice in a Japanese subsidiary / Avital Baikovich -- The long path toward gender equality in Japan : the revision of the Equal Employment Opportunity law and its implementation / Stephanie Assmann -- Innovation in Japanese HRM : are Japanese companies adopting the pay for performance principle? / Markus Pudelko -- Innovation and the patenting of knowledge in Japanese corporations / John W. Clarry -- Nonaka revisited : can Japanese companies sustain their knowledge management prorcesses in the 21st century? / Benjamin Hentschel and Parissa Haghirian -- Japanese corporate strategies in emerging markets : from China-centered trade and investment to diversified internationalization / Pascal Gudorf.
- "This book shows which transformation processes and changes can be observed in Japanese companies in reaction to the economic challenges of the past decade. The book presents new research results and investigates the variety of changes that Japanese corporations and managers have experienced in recent years"--Provided by publisher.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5974679