The opinion of the Hon. William Johnson [electronic resource] : delivered on the 7th August, 1823, in the case of the arrest of the British seaman under the 3d section of the state act, entitled, "An act for the better regulation of free Negroes and persons of colour, and for other purposes," passed in December last : ex parte Henry Elkison, a subject of His Britannic Majesty, vs. Francis G. Deliesseline, sheriff of Charleston District
- Johnson, William, 1771-1834
- Additional Titles:
- Ex parte Henry Elkison, a subject of His Britannic Majesty, vs. Francis G. Deliesseline, sheriff of Charleston District
- [U. S.?] : [publisher not identified], [1823?]
- Physical Description:
- 15 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Elkison, Henry and Deliesseline, Francis Gottier, 1761?-
- Elkison, Henry—Trials, litigation, etc
- Deliesseline, Francis Gottier, 1761?-—Trials, litigation, etc
- Habeas corpus—South Carolina
- States' rights (American politics)
- Black people—Legal status, laws, etc—South Carolina
- Black people—Legal status, laws, etc—United States
- Federal-state controversies—South Carolina
- Sailors, Black—South Carolina
- African Americans—South Carolina
- Title from caption.
Reproduction of the original from Harvard Law School Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, 2007. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6046882