The new Newgate calendar [electronic resource] : being interesting memoirs of notorious characters, who have been convicted of outrages on the laws of England, during the seventeenth century, brought down to the present time, chronologically arranged : comprising traitors, murderers, incendiaries, ravishers, pirates, mutineers, coiners, highwaymen, footpads, housebreakers, rioters, extortioners, sharpers, forgerers, pickpockets, fraudulent bankrupts, money droppers, impostors, and thieves of every description : containing also a number of interesting cases never before published, with occasional essays on crimes and punishments, original anecdotes, and observations on particular cases, explanations of the criminal laws, the speeches, confessions, and last exclamations of sufferers : to which is added, a correct account of the various modes of punishment of criminals in different parts of the world / / by Andrew Knapp and William Baldwin
- Knapp, Andrew (Attorney at law)
- London : Printed for J. and J. Cundee, [1810?]
- Physical Description:
: chart, illustrations, portraits
- Additional Creators:
- Baldwin, William (Attorney at law) and Wheatley
- Wheatley—Trials, litigation, etc
- Maddy, John—Trials, litigation, etc
- Aram, Eugene, 1704-1759—Trials, litigation, etc
- Darby, Joseph—Trials, litigation, etc
- Ayliffee, John, -1759—Trials, litigation, etc
- Horne, William Andrew, 1685-1759—Trials, litigation, etc
- Gardelle, Theodore, 1721-1761—Trials, litigation, etc
- Tilling, Robert, -1760—Trials, litigation, etc
- M'Carty, Patrick, -1760—Trials, litigation, etc
- Pattison, Peter, -1761—Trials, litigation, etc
- Newgate (Prison : London, England)—Calendars
- Trials—Great Britain
- Crime—Great Britain
- Criminals—Great Britain
- "In five volumes."
Reproduction of the original from Harvard Law School Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, 2007. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6051759