Self and social regulation : social interaction and the development of social understanding and executive functions / edited by Bryan W. Sokol [and others].
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 456 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Sokol, Bryan W.
- Pt. I. Theoretical Perspectives on Self and Social Regulation / Stuart I. Hammond, Maximilian B. Bibok and Jeremy I. M. Carpendale -- 1. Executive Function: Description and Explanation / Anthony Steven Dick and Willis F. Overton -- 2. Executive Function: Theoretical Concerns / Jack Martin and Laura Failows -- 3. Vygotsky, Luria, and the Social Brain / Chanes Fernyhough -- 4. Epistemic Flow and the Social Making of Minds / Charlie Lewis, Jeremy I. M. Carpendale, John Towse and Katerina Maridaki-Kassotaki -- 5. Developments and Regressions in Rule Use: The Case of Zinedine Zidane / Jacob A. Burack, Natalie Russo, Tammy Dawkins and Mariette Huizinga -- 6. The Development of Self-Regulation: A Neuropsychological Perspective / Marianne Hrabak and Kimberly A. Kerns -- 7. Working Memory in Infancy and Early Childhood: What Develops? / Maureen Hoskyn -- Pt. II. Social Understanding and Self-Regulation: From Perspective-Taking to Theory of Mind and Back / Bryan W. Sokol, James Allen, Snjezana Huerta and Ulrich Muller -- 8. Object-Based Set-Shifting in Preschoolers: Relations to Theory of Mind / Daniela Kloo, Josef Pemer and Thomas Giritzer -- 9. Clarifying the Relation between Executive Function and Children's Theories of Mind / Louis J. Moses and Deniz Tahiroglu -- 10. The Developmental Relations between Perspective Taking and Prosocial Behaviors: A Meta-Analytic Examination of the Task-Specificity Hypothesis / Gustavo Carlo, George P. Knight, Meredith McGinley, Rebecca Goodvin and Scott C. Roesch -- 11. The Development of Future-Oriented Decision-Making / Chris Moore -- Pt. III. Self-Regulation in Social Contexts: Parents, Peers, and Individual Differences / Arlene R. Young, Dagmar Bernstein and Grace Iarocci -- 12. A Bidirectional View of Executive Function and Social Interaction / Suzanne Hala, Penny Pexman, Emma Climie, Kristin Rostad and Melanie Glenwright -- 13. Underpinning Collaborative Learning / Emma Flynn -- 14. Psychological Distancing in the Development of Executive, Function and Emotion Regulation / Gerald F. Giesbrecht, Ulrich Muller and Michael R. Miller -- 15. Emotional Contributions to the Developmentof Executive Functions in the Family Context / Susan M. Perez and Mary Gauvain -- 16. Early Social and CognitivePrecursors and Parental Support for Self-Regulation and Executive Function: Relations from Early Childhood into Adolescence / Susan H. Landry and Karen E. Smith -- 17. Do Early Social Cognition and Executive Function Predict Individual Differences in Preschoolers' Prosocial and Antisocial Behavior? / Claire Hughes and Rosie Ensor.
- 9780195327694 (cloth : alk. paper)
0195327691 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6055193