Built to change [videorecording] : how to sustain organizational effectiveness / Stanford Video ; director, Mauricio Quijano [a production of the Stanford Video Media Group for the Stanford Alumni Association].
- Additional Titles:
- How to sustain organizational effectiveness and Subtitle on container: How to achieve sustained organizational effectiveness
- [Stanford, CA] : Stanford Video, 2006.
Mill Valley, CA : [Distributed by] Kantola Productions.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (54 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Lawler, Edward E., III, Worley, Christopher G., Quijano, Mauricio, Stanford Video Media Group, Stanford Alumni Association, and Kantola Productions
- Organizations are built for stability, not for change. But in today's highly competitive business environment, organizations must be ready to change -- and change frequently. They need to replace long-term planning with a succession of short-term advantages. They must increase their "surface area" with the outside world; drive leadership to lower levels in the company; and reward decision makers for change management as well as results. Lawler and Worley discuss methods for creating strategies, structures, communication processes, and human resource management practices that are designed to facilitate the ability of an organization to change.
- Special features: Introduction by the David Demarest (2 min.); Clips of other programs (16 min.).
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Camera, Mark Whelan, Ron Locey.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Edward Lawler, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California and Christopher Worley, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Taped live July 12, 2006 at Stanford University.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 6056603