Tabloid, Inc. : crimes, newspapers, narratives / V. Penelope Pelizzon and Nancy M. West
- Theory and interpretation of narrative
- For shopgirls and stenographers : narrative mobility, Hollywood advertising, and the tabloids -- "Ripped right off the front pages" : narrative mobility and Warner Brothers' headline news policy -- Trading Tommy guns for typewriters : narrative mobility and the tabloid racketeer cycle -- Multiple indemnity : tabloid melodrama, narrative mobility, and James M. Cain -- "Crime is my oyster" : Weegee's narrative mobility.
- Cain, James M. (James Mallahan), 1892-1977—Criticism and interpretation
- Weegee, 1899-1968—Criticism and interpretation
- Warner Bros—History
- Tabloid newspapers—History and criticism
- Sensationalism in journalism—History—20th century
- Crime in mass media—History—20th century
- Crime in popular culture—History—20th century
- 9780814211175 (cloth : alk. paper), 0814211178 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780814292150 (cd-rom), and 0814292151 (cd-rom)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6056924