Lighting out for the territory : how Samuel Clemens headed West and became Mark Twain / Roy Morris, Jr.
- Morris, Roy
- New York : Simon & Schuster, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st Simon & Schuster hardcover ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 282 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, map ; 25 cm
- Introduction -- A campaign that failed -- A fine pleasure trip -- The damnedest country under the sun -- Enterprise -- Heaven on the half shell -- Luxurious vagrancy -- The trouble begins -- Epilogue : sivilized.
- Acclaimed literary biographer Roy Morris carefully sorts fact from fiction to tell the story of a young genius finding his voice in the ramshackle mining camps, boomtowns, and newspaper offices of the wild and woolly West, while the Civil War rages half a continent away.
- 9781416598664 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6057888