Antecedents and beginnings to 1801 / by Julius Goebel, Jr.
- Goebel, Julius, Jr., 1892-1973
- Additional Titles:
- At head of series title: Oliver Wendell Holmes Devise
- Cambridge [England] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xxix, 864 pages, 32 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Permanent Committee for the Oliver Wendell Holmes Devise
- History of the Supreme Court of the United States ; v. 1
- The path of the law : old world to new -- The traditions of judicial control over legislation -- The new states and the principle of constitutional authority -- The Continental Congress and national judicial authority -- The Constitutional Convention and the judiciary -- The appeal to the people and the molding of opinion -- The framers as propagandists -- The raising I : the judicial before the states -- The raising II : the judicial before the states -- Unifinished business : the Bill of Rights -- The Judiciary Act of 1789 -- The process acts -- The circuit courts : organization, civil and appellate jurisdiction -- The circuit courts : criminal jurisdiction -- The Supreme Court : appellate practice -- The Supreme Court : political and constitutional issues I -- The Supreme Court : political and constitutional issues II.
- 9780521760010 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 824-840) and index.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6057997