Wind energy explained : theory, design and application / J.F. Manwell and J.G. McGowan, Anthony Rogers
- Manwell, J. F.
- Chichester, U.K. : Wiley, 2009.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 689 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- McGowan, J. G. and Rogers, Anthony L., 1948-
- 1. Introduction: Modern Wind Energy and its Origins -- 2. Wind Characteristics and Resources -- 3. Aerodynamics of Wind Turbines -- 4. Mechanics and Dynamics -- 5. Electrical Aspects of Wind Turbines -- 6. Wind Turbine Materials and Components -- 7. Wind Turbine Design and Testing -- 8. Wind Turbine Control -- 9. Wind Turbine Siting, System Design, and Integration -- 10. Wind Energy Applications -- 11. Wind Energy System Economics -- 12. Wind Energy Systems: Environmental Aspects and Impacts -- Appendix A. Nomenclature -- Appendix B. Problems -- Appendix C. Data Analysis and Data Synthesis.
- "This book offers a complete examination of one of the most promising sources of renewable energy and is an introduction to this cross-disciplinary field for practicing engineers. This second edition includes up-to-date data, diagrams, illustrations and thorough new material."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9780470015001 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6058456