Miss Gulag [videorecording] / Neihausen-Yatskova & Vodar Films ; written by Maria Yatskova & Irina Vodar ; produced by Irina Vodar & Raphaela Neihausen ; directed by Maria Yatskova
- Language Note:
- In Russian, with English subtitles.
- Follows three female prisoners in Siberian prison UF91-9, preparing to compete in a beauty pageant. Through the pageant emerges a complex narrative of the lives of the first generation of women to come of age in post-Soviet Russia. Miss Gulag explores the individual destinies of three women: Yulia, Tatiana, and Natasha, all bound together by long prison sentences and circumstances that have made them the vigilantes of their own destinies.
- "Produced byNeihausen-Yatskova & Vodar Films, distributed by Cinephil"--Container.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Cinematographer, Grigori Rudakov ; editors, Peter Kinoy, Stephen Ovenden.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narration, Maria Yatskova.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 6062019