Cultural landscape report for the United States Armory at Harpers Ferry and Potomac riverfront, Harpers Ferry National Historical Park / by Allison A. Crosbie, Andrew S. Lee
- Crosbie, Allison A.
- Boston, Mass. : Olmsted Center for Landscape Preservation, National Park Service, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 260 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lee, Andrew S.
Olmsted Center for Landscape Preservation (U.S.)
Full Text available online
- Purpose of this report -- Scope of work and methodology -- Site boundaries -- Terminology -- Summary of findings -- Location map -- Site hsitory -- Pre-history to 1798 -- Development of Armory infrastructure, 1799-1820 -- Transportation development, 1821-1840 -- American system of manufacturing, 1841-1860 -- Civil War and post-war ruins, 1861-1869 -- Reindustrialization and commemoration, 1870-1944 -- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, 1945-present -- Existing conditions -- Physical setting -- Landscape characteristics -- Landscape character areas -- Analysis and evaluation -- National Register status -- Summary of significance -- National Register integrity -- Evaluation of landscape characteristics and features -- Summary of landscape characteristics and features -- Treatment -- Management framework for treatment -- Treatment issues -- Recommended treatment approach -- Treatment vision -- Sitewide treatment issues -- Treatment guidelines and tasks -- Summary of landscape treatment tasks.
- Harpers Ferry Armory (U.S.)—History
- Waterfronts—Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
- Waterfronts—Potomac River
- Historic buildings—Conservation and restoration—Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
- Historic sites—Conservation and restoration—Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
- Landscape protection—Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park—Antiquities
- Harpers Ferry (W. Va.)—Buildings, structures, etc
- Shipping list no.: 2010-0119-P.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 257-260).
View MARC record | catkey: 6063055