Algebra and the elementary classroom : transforming thinking, transforming practice / Maria L. Blanton ; foreword by Megan Loef Franke
- Blanton, Maria L.
- Portsmouth, NH : Heinemann, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 209 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- The nature of algebraic thinking -- What is algebraic thinking? -- Changing what I teach -- Generalizing arithmetic : finding algebra in arithmetic -- Functional thinking in the elementary grades -- Building functional thinking into the curriculum -- What about children's arithmetic skills? -- Changing how I teach -- Teaching practices that develop children's algebraic thinking skills -- Changing where I teach -- Algebraic thinking across the school curriculum -- Algebraic thinking across the school -- Conclusion -- Appendix A: Selected word problems and solutions -- Appendix B: Answers to selected Teacher task questions -- Appendix C: Answers to selected Think about it questions.
- 9780325009469 (alk. paper)
0325009465 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 201-203) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6063340