Educational counter-cultures : confrontations, images, vision / edited by Jerome Satterthwaite, Elizabeth Atkinson and Wendy Martin
- Stoke on Trent, UK ; Sterling, USA : Trentham Books, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- x, 206 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Satterthwaite, Jerome, Atkinson, Elizabeth, 1958-, and Martin, Wendy
- Series introduction / Jerome Satterthwaite and Elizabeth Atkinson -- Introduction / Elizabeth Atkinson -- 1. Doing things the 'right' way : legitimating educational inequalities in conservative times / Michael W. Apple -- 2. Fun, amusing, full of insights, but ultimately a reflection of anxious times : a critique of postmodernism as a force for resistance, social change and social justice / Mike Cole -- 3. School effectiveness and improvement : where is the grand narrative? / Terry Wrigley -- 4. Sexualities and resistance : queer(y)ing identity and discourse in education / Elizabeth Atkinson -- 5. Combating cultural imperialism in Canada : a new role for adult educators? / Richard Bond -- 6. Religious education in Pakistan : salvation or subjugation? / Farid Panjwani -- 7. Citizenship education in Israel : between democracy and Jewishness - dilemmas of policy-makers / Halleli Pinson -- 8. The tragedy of peace education and its transformation / Jean McNiff -- 9. Learning in the clouds : what can be learned about the unknowable? / Jerome Satterthwaite -- 10. Doctors as connoisseurs of informational images : aesthetic and ethical self-forming through medical education / Alan Bleakley -- 11. Stuttering at the owl : poetic displacements and emancipatory learning / John Danvers -- 12. 'A personal preview' : or 'portraying my professional life in pictures' : image and performance as methodology for research in teaching and learning / Victoria Perselli.
- Other Subject(s):
- Papers from the second international Discourse Power Resistance conference.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6063458