Introduction to criminology : theories, methods, and criminal behavior / Frank E. Hagan
- Hagan, Frank E.
- Los Angeles : Sage Publications, 
- Copyright Date:
- 7th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 553 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Introduction -- Research methods in criminology -- General characteristics of crime and criminals -- Early and classical criminological theories -- Biological and psychological theories -- Sociological mainstream theories -- Sociological critical theories and integrated theories -- Violent crime -- Property crime : occasional, conventional and professional -- White collar crime: occupational and corporate -- Political crime and terrorism -- Organized crime -- Public order crime -- Computer crime -- Epilogue : the future of crime.
- "Designed for introductory undergraduate courses in two- and four-year programs, Introduction to Criminology, 7th Edition, is a streamlined, focused introduction to the study of criminology with more attention to crime typologies than other texts provide, plus Crime File boxes that offer real-world, well-known examples of the crime types discussed." "Written by an active researcher, this studentpraised text covers the basic criminological theories, including expanded material on psychosocial and biosocial theories, and a new chapter on computer crime. The fullcolor design and a new just-in-time learning enhancement - margin notes that link students to online learning materials at appropriate points in the chapters - bring the text to life for students visually and virtually."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9781412979719 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6063530