African Americans and the presidency [electronic resource] : the road to the White House / edited by Bruce A. Glasrud and Cary D. Wintz
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 248 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Glasrud, Bruce A. and Wintz, Cary D., 1943-
- Introduction: The African American quest for the presidency / Bruce A. Glasrud and Cary D. Wintz -- Beginning the trek : Douglass, Bruce, Black conventions, independent political parties / Bruce A. Glasrud -- The Communist Party of the United States and African American political candidates / David Cullen and Kyle G. Wilkison -- Charlotta A. Bass : win or lose, we win / Carolyn Wedin -- Shirley Chisholm : a catalyst for change / Maxine D. Jones -- The Socialist Workers Party and African Americans / Dwonna Naomi Goldstone -- Civil rights activists and the reach for political power / Jean Van Delinder -- Jesse Jackson : run, Jesse, run! / James M. Smallwood -- Lenora Branch Fulani : challenging the rules of the game / Omar H. Ali -- Race activists and fringe parties with a message / Charles Orson Cook -- Black politicians : paving the way / Hanes Walton, Jr. ... [et at.] -- Colin Powell : the candidate who wasn't / Cary D. Wintz -- Barack Hussein Obama : an inspiration of hope, an agent for change / Paul Finkelman.
- 9780203864333 (electronic bk.) and 0203864336 (electronic bk.)
- Description based on print version record. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 229-234) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6064479