Military legacies : a world made by war / James A. Tyner
- Tyner, James A., 1966-
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 226 pages : illustrations, maps ; 21 cm.
- A world made by war -- Trauma beyond war -- In the footsteps of war -- The chemistry of war -- Beyond the flash of war -- Echoes of militarism.
- "Landmines, cluster bombs, chemical pollutants. and other remnants of war continue to cause death to humans and damage to the environment long after the guns have fallen silent. From the jungles of Vietnam to the arctic tundra of Russia, no region has escaped the legacy of warfare. To understand the legacy of modern militarism, this book presents an overview of post-conflict societies, with an emphasis on the human toll exacted by modern warfare."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9780415995931 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6065294