International police cooperation : emerging issues, theory and practice / edited by Frédéric Lemieux
- Cullompton, Devon ; Portland, Or. : Willan Pub., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 366 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lemieux, Frédéric
- The nature and structure of international police cooperation : an introduction / Frédéric Lemieux -- Police and judicial cooperation in Europe : bilateral versus multilateral cooperation / Laure Guille -- Towards a governance model of police cooperation in Europe : the twist between networks and bureaucracies / Monica den Boer -- A market-oriented explanation of the expansion of the role of Europol : filling the demand for criminal intelligence through entrepreneurial initiatives / Nadia Gerspacher and Frédéric Lemieux -- Iterative development of cooperation within an increasingly complex environment : example of a Swiss regional analysis centre / Olivier Ribaux and Stéphane Birrer -- The Meuse-Rhine Euroregion : a laboratory for police and judicial cooperation in the European Union / Cyrille Fijnaut and Toine Spapens -- Convergent models of police cooperation : the case of anti-organized crime and anti-terrorism activities in Canada / Chantal Perras and Frédéric Lemieux -- The France and Europol relationship : explaining shifts in cooperative behaviour / Nadia Gerspacher -- Parallel paths and productive partners : the EU and US on counter-terrorism / John D. Occhipinti -- Cross-strait police cooperation between Taiwan and China / Yungnane Yang and Frédéric Lemieux -- Police cooperation in the context of peacebuilding : observations from African quarters / Elrena van der Spuy -- Police-military cooperation in foreign interventions : Timore-Leste and the Solomon Islands / Andrew Goldsmith and Vandra Harris -- International police organizations : the missing link to effective cooperation / Nadia Gerspacher and Véronique Pujas -- Tackling transnational drug trafficking effectively : assessing the outcomes of the Drug Enforcement Administrations' international cooperation initiatives / Frédéric Lemieux -- Challenges of governance and accountability for transnational private policing / Les Johnston and Philip C. Stenning -- The constabulary ethic reconsidered / James Sheptycki.
- 9781843927600 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 320-349) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6066031