Studies in Roman literature, culture, and religion / Hendrik Wagenvoort
- Wagenvoort, H. (Hendrik), 1886-1976
- New York : Garland Pub., 1978.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 316 pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The Garland library of Latin poetry
- Virgil's fourth Eclogue and the sidus Iulium.--Ludus poeticus.--Princeps.--Horace and Virgil.--Caerimonia.--Orcus.--"Rebirth" in profane antique literature.--Initia Cereris.--The crime of fratricide.--Fas sit vidisse.--The origin of ludi saeculares.--Virgil's Ecologues I and IX.--Isles of the Blessed and Insula Tiberina.--The parentatio in honour of Romulus.--List of [the author's] publications (p. -304).
- Essays translated from Dutch, Latin, etc. and selected by the author's students on the occassion of his 70th birthday.
Reprint of the ed. published by E. J. Brill, Leiden.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 610018