The films of Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro / Andrew J. Rausch
- Rausch, Andrew J.
- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 215 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction -- Mean streets (1973) -- Taxi driver (1976) -- New York, New York (1977) -- Raging bull (1980) -- The king of comedy (1982) -- Goodfellas (1990) -- Cape Fear (1991) -- Casino (1995) -- Epilogue.
- "In 1973, early in their careers, Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro collaborated for the first time. Over the next few decades they worked together on seven more movies, many of which brought them both acclaim and awards. Although successful director and actor pairings have occurred throughout the history of film, few have fashioned so many works of enduring value as these two artists. In little more than two decades, Scorsese and De Niro produced eight features, including the classics Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, and GoodFellas. In The Films of Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro, Andrew Rausch examines the creative output of this remarkable pair, from their initial offering, Mean Streets, to their most recent film together, Casino. Rausch looks at their relationship as individual artists who worked together to create cinematic magic, as well as the friendship that was forged nearly forty years ago. Drawing upon interviews and other sources, Rausch goes behind the scenes of their films providing insight and analysis on all their collaborations, including New York, New York, The King of Comedy, and Cape Fear. A rare glimpse into the moviemaking process of these two legends, The Films of Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro will appeal to both scholars and fans alike."--Jacket.
- 9780810874138 (alk. paper) and 081087413X (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 199-204) and index. and "Collaborative filmography": pages 193-197.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Beaver copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2010.
View MARC record | catkey: 6137007