Portobello : a novel / Ruth Rendell
- Rendell, Ruth, 1930-2015
- New York : Scribner, 2010.
- 1st Scribner hardcover ed.
- Physical Description:
- 290 pages ; 24 cm
- Walking to the shops one day in London's Notting Hill, fifty-year-old Eugene Wren discovers an envelope on the street bulging with cash. A man plagued by a shameful addiction, Wren hatches a plan to find the money's rightful owner. Instead of going to the police, or taking the cash for himself, he prints a notice and posts it around Portobello Road. This ill-conceived act creates a chain of events that links Wren to other Londoners--people afflicted with their own obsessions and despairs. As these volatile characters come into Wren's life--and the life of his trusting fiancée--the consequences will change them all.
- 9781439148518, 1439148511, 9781439150405 (pbk.), 1439150400 (pbk.), 9781439154366 (ebook), and 1439154368 (ebook)
- Source of Acquisition:
- Beaver copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2010.
View MARC record | catkey: 6138803