Illustrations of one hundred manuscripts in the library of Henry Yates Thompson ...
- V. 1. Forty-eight plates illustrating ten French mss. from the XIth to the XVIth centuries -- [v. 2]. Fifty plates illustrating ten Italian mss. from the XIth to the XVIth centuries -- [v. 3]. Sixty-nine plates illustrating ten mss. of various countries from the IXth to the XVIth centuries -- [v. 4]. Eighty-two plates illustrating, sixteen mss. of English origin from the XIIth to the XVth centuries -- [v. 5]. Ninety plates illustrating sixteen mss. each of which belonged to some individual of note in France or Italy in the XIVth or XVth century -- [v. 6]. Ninety plates illustrating seventeen mss. with dates ranging from the XIIIth to the XVIth century -- v. 7. Plates from the remaining twenty-two mss.
- Thompson, Henry Yates, 1838-1928—Library
- Thompson, Henry Yates, 1838-1928
- Illumination of books and manuscripts—Catalogs
- Illumination of books and manuscripts—Facsimiles
- Illumination of books and manuscripts
- Related Titles:
- Illustrations from one hundred manuscripts in the library of Henry Yates Thompson
Illustrations of 100 manuscripts in the library of Henry Yates Thompson
- Title vignettes, mounted (v. 6, color).
"This collection of plates (about 500 in number) forms an indispensable companion to the four volumes of the catalogue, of which the first appeared in 1898, and the fourth and last in 1912"--Pref., v. 7.
Title on v. 2-7: Illustrations from one hundred manuscripts ...
Rare Books copies of v. 6-7: in publisher's original buckram; titles and dates stamped in gilt on spine with asterisks indicating volume number; no dust jackets (as issued?); ink annotation on title-page of vol. 7: "No. 73".
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copies of v. 6-7: Purchased from Anton W. van Bekhoven; 2009.
Rare Books copies of v. 6-7: Purchased with funds from the Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin Program Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts; 2009.
View MARC record | catkey: 6139422